Accent Modification Techniques – Learn How to Change Your Accent to A Standard American Accent
LATEST: Course Updated Again for Nov 2017
Many people want to lose their accent or at least modify it so that they can be more easily understood. This course will give you step-by-step instructions which will tell you how to lose an accent. You will learn to say difficult sounds in English quickly and to reduce your accent in as little as 5 weeks.
Would you will learn:
● Losing your accent is really learning to speak using a non-regionally specific dialect.
● Watch English TV with English subtitles but do remember native English speakers often
have regional accents. You don’t want to lose your own accent only to start sounding like
you are from Manchester because you’ve been watching Coronation Street.
● In English most of the consonants are paired, i.e., they are made the same way in the
mouth. The only difference is that one of the pair is made without switching on the voice in the throat (making sound in the throat), and one is made with voice activated, e.g., /p/ and /b/
● Try about 15 minutes of practice every day for a few weeks.
● As you expand the ability of the ear, speaking becomes an automatism. When the ear
can ‘hear’ a sound the mouth has a better chance of producing it.
● Do not put the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth to make the sound of an R!
This makes the sound of an L; in order to make the sound of an L press your flat tongue to the roof of your mouth, not the tip. To make the sound of an R your tongue should be relaxed and on the bottom of your mouth, not involved in the sound process.
● A large part of learning a new accent is learning the sounds, rhythm, stress, pitch, intonation and structure of that accent. To do this you need to ‘attune’ your ear to the particular accent.
● Rhythm is about timing within a phrase or sentence. This mainly equates to where we place the strong or weak stress in a sentence. When learning a new accent it is also important to learn where the stress is placed.
● Learn local expressions. Learn what words are used frequently in your area to describe things (e.g. loads vs. lot’s vs. heaps)
● As a child your ability for the ear to process different frequencies of sound is expanded, enabling you to distinguish and reproduce the sounds of the languages that surround you. To effectively learn a new accent you must expand the ability of your ear by listening over and over to examples of the accent… and so much more.
Who this class is FOR: This class is designed for students 18 years or older (only parent’s permission) you how to reduce their accent. Even if English as their first language. Students will learn to understand what an accent is and how it develops. So that they can better understand how the reduction process actually works. They will learn many exercises and techniques for reducing their accent, such as vocal exercises and singing and listening to speeches and other voices on audio files will help to reduce the prevalence of their unwanted accent by the end of this course students will have all of the skills and knowledge necessary to begin their accent reduction journey.
Who this class is NOT for: This class is not designed for students who are looking to reduce a medical or neurological speech condition such as stuttering. As this may require advanced medical related speech therapy in treatment that can only be given by qualified medical professional, this class is merely designed to help those with a prevalent foreign or regional accent that they wish to reduce.
I’m so confident that you’re going to love this course and find a tremendous amount of value in it, that I guarantee that if you’re not 100% satisfied, that I’ll give you a full refund within 30 days of your purchase.
This course could easily sell for hundreds of dollars. I personally know of Speech Pathologist out there who are charging hundreds, even thousands of dollars for a fraction of the information contained in this Udemy Course. And they charge that
Brian Cliette coupons
Language course coupon
Accent Reduction, American Accent Training
Accent Reduction, American Accent Training course coupon
Accent Reduction, American Accent Training coupon
Udemy coupon code
Udemy free courses
Udemy free coupon